What is Castile soap and what are its benefits?
Since castile soap is made from safe, simple plant oils, it is considered safe for even the most
sensitive skin types. It can help oily, acne-prone skin. The oils found in castile soap penetrate
pores with their antibacterial agents, helping clean your skin without drying it out.
- Gentle cleanse without the toxins. Virtually all soaps use toxic sulfates to get that lather we’re all accustomed to, but castile soap lathers naturally - no chemicals necessary. Most soaps are nothing more than strong drying agents, but castile soap actually cleanses and protects thanks to oleuropein - a compound with potent antibacterial effects.
- Safe for sensitive skin. Since castile soap is made from safe, simple plant oils, it is considered safe for even the most sensitive skin types.
- It can help oily, acne-prone skin. The oils found in castile soap penetrate pores with their antibacterial agents, helping clean your skin without drying it out. While it is more alkaline than we recommend, some people have success using it to balance their skin’s pH to reduce acne. We recommend using something balanced to your skin's natural 5.5 pH rather than overcompensating, but everyone's skin is different.
- Smooth and soothe dry, irritated skin. Plant oils, especially olive oil, are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids. These healthy fats help replenish the water level within the epidermis, resulting in supple, glowing skin. Plus, it doesn’t strip your skin’s natural oils, so no worries about dry, flaky skin.
- Naturally hydrating. The process of making oil-based soap results in a byproduct known as glycerin, which most synthetic soaps filter out. That’s a shame considering glycerin absorbs water from surrounding air, working to moisturize your skin as naturally as possible. Fortunately, castile soap retains its glycerin content.
- No gunked up pores. Made from olive oil, castile soap lets your skin breathe and encourages the natural process of shedding dead skin cells. While synthetic soaps can irritate and block pores, castile soap keeps them clean and clear.
- Natural free radical protection. Olive oil is rich in antioxidants such as vitamins A and E. Regular use of castile soap can help protect against skin cell degeneration and can therefore delay the appearance of wrinkles and accelerated aging.
- Ease eczema, psoriasis & more. Nutrient-rich olive oil also contains a highly anti-inflammatory compound called oleocanthal. In fact, its anti-inflammatory action has been compared to that of Ibuprofen. As such, castile soap can help reduce inflammation - the source of many of our most bothersome skin conditions.
- Fragrance ~ just a hint of Rosemary
- Clay ~ White Koalin Clay for silkyness
Ingredients: Purified AGUA, Organic Virgin Olive Oil, Koalin Clay, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance
This soap is made in very small batches and takes 2 months to cure.